Aiguille du Midi
For more than 50 years, the most famous and highest of the Aiguilles de Chamonix has been an essential world attraction. From the centre of Chamonix, a 20 minutes ride in the Aiguille du Midi cable car takes you to the gateway to the high Alps at a height of 3,842 m.
From its height of 3,777m, the Aiguille du Midi and its laid-out terraces offer a 360° view of all the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. A lift brings you to the summit terrace at 3,842m, where you will have a clear view of Mont Blanc.
LE PAS DANS LE VIDE !
Since December 21st 2013, the more fearless will take A STEP INTO THE VOID, onto a 2.50 m glass cage out over a 1000 m precipice. A product of modern architectural and technical prowess and a sensation packed experience.
NEW in 2016 : THE PIPE
A long steel gallery of 32m to make the full rotation of the central peak of the Aiguille du Midi.
A cafeteria and a souvenir shop are open all year round. In the summer, the “3842m” restaurant invites you to taste Savoie culinary specialities in a unique setting.
PANORAMIC MONT BLANC GONDOLA
Once at the top, do not miss the gondola lift ride over the Glacier du Géant to the Pointe Helbronner in Italy. It is open from June to September.
PLAN DE L’AIGUILLE
The cable car ride between Chamonix and Aiguille du Midi is in two stages. At the intermediate stop, at a height of 2,310m, the Plan de l’Aiguille is the departure point for the Balcon Nord hike to the Montenvers site. Food and refreshments are available at lunch-time at the Refuge du Plan, 5 minutes’ walk away. A very pleasant break in the mountains !
Altitude: 3’842 m
Accessibility: by car or Train.
Timetable: Operates year-round
- Provide warm clothing, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Tour forbidden for children under 3 years, and not recommended under 5 years old.
- Time of outward journey: 20 mn in 2 cable cars climbing 2700 m, with a stop on the way at the Plan de l’Aiguille.
- Duration of visit: including the journey, allow an average of 2 to 3 hrs.
- Timetables and frequency of departure vary according to the time of year and according to demand.
- From 27/03 to 24/05/2017, daily between 8.10 AM and 5 PM.
- From 25/05 to 31/05/2017, daily between 8.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- From 01/06 to 16/06/2017, daily between 8.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- From 17/06 to 02/07/2017, daily between 7.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- From 03/07 to 25/08/2017, daily between 6.30 AM and 6 PM.
- From 26/08 to 03/09/2017, daily between 7.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- From 04/09 to 24/09/2017, daily between 8.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- From 25/09 to 05/11/2017, daily between 8.10 AM and 4.30 PM.
- From 16/12/2017 to 23/03/2018, daily between 8.10 AM and 4.30 PM.
- From 24/03 to 25/05/2018, daily between 8.10 AM and 5 PM.
- March and April week-ends 2018 : from 7.30am to 4.30 pm.
- From 26/05 to 31/05/2018, daily between 8.10 AM and 5.30 PM.
- Family pass: 186 € (2 adults + 2 children & 3rd, 4th and 5th of the same family are free)
- One way ticket for adult: 49 €
- Round-trip ticket for adult: 60 €
- One way ticket for a child (5-14 years): 41.70 €
- Round-trip ticket for a child (5-14 years): 51 €.
- Free entry for children < 5 years.
information sources: Chamonix